- 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- Proof yeast in warm water and 1/2 teaspoon sugar (just stir together and leave until bubbly - about 5-10 min)
- Let rise for 1 1/2 hours (should be about double)
- Punch down and divide - makes about 4 - 8 in pizza's
- Roll out on floured surface until pretty thin (I rolled them all out and stacked them between wax paper to take them all out to the grill)
- once one side is done, remove from grill, brush uncooked side with olive oil, turn over and put the toppings on the cooked side (have I lost you yet?) - think minimal toppings - with the crust so thin it goes pretty far and it cooks better with little sauce and cheese so it doesn't get soggy
- Return to grill uncooked side down (return only to the low side as it needs time for the toppings to warm and melt) - watch the pizza carefully as it goes from done to too-done very fast.
My favorite type of pizza:
PESTO PIZZATopped with: Pesto, feta cheese, black olives, and chopped tomatoes (green peppers were on there but I wasn't loving them)
These are even easier (although not quite on the money yet)
Rhoads Rolls (2 per breadstick)
2-3 Tbsp melted butter1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dill weed (I replaced with half parsley and half oregano -or even some basil would work)
Let the dough rise until double
knead 2 rolls together and rub between hands to create a snake
start at one end of a large bamboo skewer and wrap around
place on cake pan (this way there won't be a flat bottom)
let rise again until about double again
Cook at 350 for about 15 min
brush with glaze and top with Parmesan cheese
Mine kind of stuck to the skewer so I thought of soaking them in olive oil (which I'll try next time)
I have since found a recipe to make these from scratch that I may try sometime, but these are so easy with no dough prep.
I hope you enjoy all these things as much as we did. I'm already dying for that pesto pizza again.
Party Idea: I think this pizza could be so fun for a dinner party. You can set up a buffet table with different sauces, cheeses, veggies, and other toppings. It would be so delish, each person can make them to their own taste, and if you are creative (which I'm not) I'm sure the buffet table alone could be the highlight of the party.