Sunday, May 29, 2011

Oreo Truffles

We had a potluck at work last week and I signed up to bring dessert. I initially just thought I would throw together some cake cookies (recipe to come someday - SOOO easy and delicious) but then decided to be more ambitious. Cameron suggested/requested:
 Oreo Truffles.
Anything with the word "truffles" in it sounds daunting to me, but I decided to take up the challenge. Turns out, it's incredibly easy. Try 'em.

Oreo Truffles
Ingredients:
1 16 oz package of Oreo's
1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese
12 - 16 oz white chocolate
Any adornments you might like (melted milk chocolate - as shown, saved oreo crumbs, etc)

Directions:
- crush Oreo's in a blender/food processor until they are fine crumbs
- mix with very soft cream cheese until it makes a dough
- roll rounded teaspoons of dough into balls
- place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper and freeze for an hour
- melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl in the microwave
- dip balls in chocolate and return to a wax paper lined cookie sheet
- add adornments
- return to freezer to set (eventually move to fridge to store if you like them cool like I do)

Makes about 35 truffles

Tips/Ideas:
* for making these for the first time I thought they went pretty well - but I did read some tips on how to dip (the hardest part in my opinion) and I used a bamboo skewer to dip - they popped off pretty easy onto the sheet.
* I used white chocolate with milk chocolate on top - but you can use dark chocolate or milk chocolate - or any chocolate you want really.
* for a twist on this you can use mint Oreo's - which could be delicious.
* only make these when you are taking them to share otherwise you might eat them all!

enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment