Thursday, May 19, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Taco's

I know, I’ve been M.I.A. It’s sad really…

But I’m back with some more. I get these fabulous emails from bettycrocker.com that are filled with new recipes and ideas. I LOVE when they arrive (you should all sign up if you want the recipes to come to you).

I couldn’t pass this one up – I am a sucker for buffalo sauce and these sounded so easy and simple and perfect for our simple minded taste buds.

Yummy Ranch Buffalo Chicken Taco's


Ingredients:

2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
½ tsp salt
¾ C buffalo wing sauce
¾ C ranch dressing
Shredded lettuce
Flour tortillas

Directions:
-Cook chick in slow cooker for 6-7 hours on low (I guess with chicken thighs you don’t need to add any liquid, but I used chicken breasts and just added a can of chicken broth and some water so they didn’t dry out)
-Sprinkle with salt
-Removed chicken and discard the liquid
-Shred chicken with 2 forks
-In the slow cooker, mix ¾ C buffalo wing sauce and ¼ C ranch
-Add chicken and gently stir to mix with sauce (the chicken will continue to shred so if you want it more chunky, don’t shred too much initially)
-Let sit until heated through

To Serve: spread about 1 tablespoon ranch (or really as much as you want) on the tortilla, add lettuce and chicken and wrap.

Tips/Ideas:
  • I’m kicking myself for not doing this, but I wanted to top with some crumbled feta (I could add feta to anything), I think it would be a nice compliment to the flavor. Any cheese would work if you would like that, but it really doesn’t need it.
  • I might try flat bread next time. There is a lot of flavor in the chicken that I think it can handle a more substantial bread/wrap.
  • We might try to add some kind of veggie to add a different texture – possibly red or green peppers or possibly even celery (maybe).

These were SO easy – I love those meals. The sauce really isn’t all that spicy and the ranch helps to tame it, but it does get a bit more spicy the more you eat. You can find extra mild buffalo sauce if you are particularly bashful of spicy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment