Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pizza Monday's

We usually make pizza on Monday's - that was until Monday became Cam's late night at school. So now it is just whenever I don't have anything planned for dinner as I always have pizza stuff around.

Pizza Dough

1 tbls yeast
1 tsp sugar
3/4 cup water
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbls olive oil


Opt.
cornmeal
garlic salt

Preheat oven to 475 with pizza stone (opt)

Mix together yeast, sugar, and water - let sit until bubbly.
Meanwhile, mix flour, salt and olive oil (I use my kitchen aid).
Add water/yeast mixture to flour.
Add more water until you have a nice soft dough.

This is a quick pizza dough, so you can go right to rolling it out and topping. If I have time, I like to let mine rise for about 10 minutes.

Roll out, place on oiled/cornmeal dusted pizza pan. Brush crust with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. 

Top as desired.

Cook for 8-12 minutes - or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and starting to brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment