Prep/cook time: approximately 30 min (with bacon and chopping time) 20 min if bacon is already prepared
Skill Level: Easy
1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
8 bacon strips - cooked and crumbled
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
COOK the tortellini according to the package directions.
COMBINE the bacon, cream, parsley and cheese in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until heated through.
DRAIN the tortellini; toss with the cream sauce
- I like to chop the bacon
- I only do about 1/4 cup or so of the fresh parsley
- You can use dried parsley as well - but just about 1 tablespoon crushed
- I use about 3/4 - 1 cup parmesan cheese - I like it thicker and cheesier
- The sauce can be pretty runny, so I have even doubled the pasta (the 20 oz package) and not doubled the sauce and it works out great
- We also find that this serves more around 2 1/2, but we usually just eat this with no side dishes