I'm at a loss of what to call this - other than divine, delicious, scrumptious, and any other yummy word you can think of.
Brad, my brother in law, always called mint chocolate chip ice cream "Starlight Mint" and I had never heard of that - but kind of like that for this, because that is what it tastes like.
Starlight Mint Delight
3/4 C Sour Cream
1/2 C Oil
1 tsp Peppermint Extract
1 Chocolate Cake Mix
1 small pkg Chocolate Pudding
1 Tbs Flour
1 C Chocolate Chips
1 Pkg Andes Mints (chopped up)
I tub of chocolate frosting
Preheat oven to 350
Mix the first 4 ingredients until smooth.
Add the cake mix and pudding mix.
In a baggie coat chocolate chips and 1/2 the Andes Mints with flour and add to the mix.
Grease and flour bundt pan and pour mix in
Cook for 45-55
Melt tub of chocolate frosting and spoon over warm cake and sprinkle the rest of the Andes mints on top.
- With the melted frosting and warm cake it does get a bit messy - so you can wait a bit for the cake to cool and it stays on the cake a bit better.
- Wait for the cake to cool before adding the Andes, they melt really fast when the cake is warm.
- Slide strips of parchment paper under the edges of the cake when you frost it - then you can just remove them and it looks clean and perfect
- Top with vanilla ice cream and thoroughly enjoy!
- Also - feel free to invite me over anytime you make this.