Monday, March 14, 2011

South of the Border Wannabe

I'll be the first to admit this isn't a totally original idea (think Cafe Rio), but I made it my own and wasn't really trying to copy anyone.

The other night I made pulled pork (my FAVORITE meat - recipe here) and I separated some out before adding our BBQ sauce.

With this plain pulled pork I decided to make:
SALSA VERDE PULLED PORK BURRITOS
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 35 min

Ingredients:
Pulled pork
Tortilla's (our favorite are the uncooked tortilla's that we can make fresh - I'll never go back!)
Salsa Verde (we like the Herdez kind - it is very mild and also pretty cheap - around $1.70 at Walmart) 
White Cheese (we used mozzarella but next time we want to use a stronger white cheese like jack cheese)

Directions:
Depending on how many servings you are making, get a rectangle baking pan (we like the small 7 X 11 but any pyrex, cake, brownie, etc. pan will work).
Fold the tortilla's like a taco to make them easy to fill.
Fill with pork, cheese, and sauce.
Wrap or fold the tortilla's so the edges are on the bottom.
Cover with more sauce and top with cheese.
Bake at 350 for 30 min and then broil for about 5 min or until the cheese is browned and bubbly
Serve on a bed of lettuce and top with ranch or salsa (or however you like it)

Ideas
  • add jalapenos, pico de gallo, bean (yuck) or any thing else you might like into the burritos
  • I am going to try a recipe for Cafe Rio type rice as well as their dressing

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow that looks amazing! I was going to try to get the recipe from the one you posted the other day... I am so glad you started a food blog! Can't wait to try these! (sorry I do blog stalk you! Haha)

    ReplyDelete