Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Practically Perfect

I've always love the weekends that it allows for special breakfasts. This weekend was no exception. Sunday I tried out a new recipe:

Poppins
1/2 C butter
2 C sifted flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 C milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
1/2 C sugar

Mix all ingredients together, put into muffin tins (I didn't grease mine or use muffin cups but I might use one or the other next time)

1/4 C melted butter
1/2 C sifted flour
1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 ts cinnamon

Mix and crumble on top of batter.

Bake for 30 min at 375 - makes 12

Ideas:
  • make some simple frosting and drizzle on the top
  • butter is a must - although they are good without it right out of the oven
  • They stay really light even though they are done so I might cook around 25 min next time to keep them a little more moist

No comments:

Post a Comment